Ellie Goulding feat Angel Haze - Life Around Here (James Blake Cover)

Fan of James Blake and Chance the Rapper’s track ‘Life Round Here’? Here’s a sexy cover by Ellie Goulding has teamed up with US rapper Angel Haze.
Now, I’m not the biggest Angel Haze fan, I’ve yet to find a song of hers to really capture my attention, but the flow and major lyrical swag she brings to this track is kind of undeniable. I actually like it better than Chance The Rapper’s verse on the original. Haze is one of those artists that I just can’t support enough, she’s just the type of tough female rapper we need more of and is poised to become one of the first LGBT rap artists to achieve mainstream recognition. The song is similar to Blake’s version, yet pleasantly different – perfect if you’ve played the original to death. With Ellie’s smooth vocals, Angel brings some grittiness to the remake, which originally debuted on BBC Radio 1 and produced by Noah Breakfast.

You Might Also Like

0 comments