Review Star Wars : The Force Awaken


I watched the movie a few days ago, I was not expecting so much before I went to cinema, but to my surprise it made me feel like I was watching original Star Wars trilogy. I enjoyed it so much. I've watched Star Wars IV & VI just few days ago before watch the new one but I already knew the basic story and the characters since I was a kid so if you never watched the Star Wars series I think you only need to watch Star Wars VI and find out the characters and how they are related to each other. 

Luke Skywalker has mysteriously vanished, leaving the Resistance in dire straits. In his absence, the First Order, lead by the evil Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), have begun implementing their will with force. Finn (John Boyega), a disillusioned Storm Trooper, absconds from his post, and joins forces with Rey (Daisy Ridley), a feisty female warrior who has in her company BB-8, a droid who may hold the key to Skywalker's whereabouts. The pair are joined by Han Solo and Chewbacca in their mission as it progresses.

Daisy Ridley and Harrison Ford make this movie. Rey is the bad ass female hero that feminists have been longing for since forever. The character absolutely nails what's required - don't whine for respect, make people respect you through your actions. The returning cast members give the new generation a taste of what it was like in 1977. Han Solo , Leia, Chewbacca, C-3PO & R2-D2 all have impact-full and a well deserved lasting performance for one particular actor.

The movie is dynamic and will not let you sit bored for a second. Still it manages to establish the premises of the movies, while leading up to a sequel we can't wait for. In general the attention to detail is amazing, so fans will experience the full magical star wars universe, while new-comers will fall in love with what all the hype is about. The humor was actually quite funny, but never to an amount that feels excessive or childish. The movie could easily take some more time, but it sets up a lot for number 8. I'm going to say that the movie was actually very good. It had its great moments of nostalgia but it did have moments that weren't so hood. For example, the lightsaber duel was extremely disappointing. But overall I think it was good. J.J. Abrams returns the series to an iconic status and starts to rebuild the legacy in ways not seen since the 80's. The movie is essentially review proof but I will say, believe the hype. This is the Star Wars we have been waiting 30 years for. 

All together a really great movie, kept me wanting more while I was watching hoping that it wouldn't end. But when the movie did end I was satisfied. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments