Review The Hunger Games : Mockingjay Part 2


Whether intentional or not, this movie is a very sad portrait of human behavior, and the seductions of power.

Picking up from the events where the previous film ended, the film follows District 13's march toward the Capitol, with Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence), at the forefront standing as the symbol of the rebellion headed by revolutionary President Alma Coin (Julianne Moore). The fire has already gathered blaze, even at the first overly-stretched twenty minutes or so allocated to wait for the smoldering heat to scream its vengeance. At the center of it is Katniss, ready to dive into the claws of danger and terror awaiting in the Capitol. 

Start to finish however I don't think I moved once. I genuinely think this is almost the best of the four, beaten only perhaps by the first for obvious reasons. My concerns is Mockingjay - Part 2 I feel kind of lacks story and narrative without Part 1. So therefore, I felt like the movie dragged on for nearly 45 minutes, I admit that I let out a yawn halfway through. And, not to spoil anything about the last act, but the ending dragged on too. Next thing I don't like is after Prim's death Katniss should complete breakdown but she all remains emotionless and seems barely moved by her sister's death. And the last thing is I never like Peeta because he is quite possibly the most pathetic and worthless character that shows up in the entire movies.

Jennifer Lawrence is absolutely outstanding in this movie and by all means deserves to be well recognized for her performance. Sutherland, Moore, Harrelson are good supporting actors. 

Splitting MockingJay into two halves may have made for a better book adaption, but in reality, the studios got greedy like the always do. Mockingjay part 2 is one long unfulfilled goodbye that would have worked better as one whole movie.



You Might Also Like

0 comments