The Judges vs The Contestants

Do you guys watch the talent shows on tv? What's recently often do you hear about the shows? The judges or the contestants? If your answer is the judges, you have the same answer with me.

These days talent shows no longer about the contestants, media further highlights or give more attentions to the judges. Look at American Idol, they paying Mariah Carey with high paid. They chose Nicki Minaj who is new in music industry. Even she had problem with Mariah Carey. I do not know whether this is just to boost ratings the show or not.


Even Clay Aiken from American Idol 2 said : “I don’t know that I would commemorate it on the show. I don’t know that they did it with Justin Guarini and all those folks. But ‘Idol’ back in those days was about the contestants. Kelly (Clarkson) and Justin and Tamyra (Gray) and Nikki McKibbin, they were all the starts of the show. And when I was on, Ruben (Studdard) and myself and Kimberly Locke were the stars of the show. Now ‘Idol’ is about the judges. I don’t even know if they remember there are contestants anymore.”


What about X-Factor USA? Why Simon Cowell chose Demi Lovato? She just 19 years old. She has comparatively short career, the talent show need experienced judges. I don't hate Demi Lovato but she just not appropriate for being a judge. For Britney Spears,despite her improved health, Britney is still never too far from scandal, which increases the gamble for X Factor bosses.


X-Factor USA judges

American Idol 2012 judges

So who should be the stars? The contestants or the judges? You can answer it.



You Might Also Like

0 comments