Beyonce Re-Records 'Crazy In Love' for Fifty Shades Of Grey


During the reveal of the first trailer for the movie on Thursday, exclusive news also followed that Beyoncé has re-recorded her 2003 hit "Crazy In Love" for the movie.

Now, producer Boots—who collaborated with Queen Bey for the majority of her 2013 self-titled album, opened up about the process of creating the score and how Bey's repeat-worthy re-recorded vocals gave him chills.

"It just fits," Boots told Complex magazine on why he chose the specific song for the trailer. "I like to think of myself as more than just a producer. I look at what we did for the trailer and this version of the song is, very much in my opinion, a score. It was something that I consciously scored. Whenever it comes to the stuff that Bey and I do, I'll never speak for her, but I think that she killed it," he continued. "She just absolutely killed it. The acapellas that she did gives me chills, so it's really dope."
Eight years before the "Fifty Shades" book created an erotic literary frenzy, Beyoncé's "Crazy" lyrics seemed to be telling some of the same story:
"Cause I know I do not understand / Just how your love can do what no on else can / Got me lookin 'so crazy right now / Your love's got me lookin' so crazy right now / (your love) Got me lookin 'so crazy right now / Your touch's got me lookin 'so crazy right now. "

You Might Also Like

0 comments