Ta-Ku feat Wafia - American Girl


As one of the most respected producers out there and undoubtedly ranked as a premium beat-maker, Ta-ku has never been shy about just making beautiful music, but till now he’s been a little shy about throwing himself into his work – quite literally.

On the recently released rework of Estelle’s ‘American Boy’, Ta-Ku’s confidence is peaking and he’s added his vocal stylings to the stunning track making this the 2nd time he’s throw down a vocal with WafiaThe track showcases the beautiful and emotive voice that Wafia possesses and re-configures the original song into a very different yet extremely poignant format.

On his Soundcloud page, Ta-ku says “American Girl started as a joke when I was watching old Kobe Bryant highlights and Estelle’s ”American Boy” was the soundtrack. I really wanted to make a stripped back emotional version that would play on its really great melodic structure. I reached out to my lovely friend Wafia to sing a duet with me & mustered enough courage to jump on the first verse. I’m very proud of this song. I hope you enjoy it“.



You Might Also Like

0 comments