Jaymes Young - Moondust


"Moondust" is the latest single from singer/producer Jaymes Young. This one is a slow-burning, synth-driven ballad with a splash of head-nodder in it. I really like the vocals for this track. The singers voice has a smooth, yet intriguing voice. Kind of has a story telling quality to it, but it also seems sad to me. His voice just really interests me. When he goes into a little bit of falsetto, it sounds very nice.
The beat is nice. The intro is pretty ambient sounding. I feel like I’m in a pool of smoke in the beginning. Then when the chorus comes along, the smoke clears. Speaking of the chorus, it’s awesome. Very powerful. Even though not a lot is added to it from the verses, it still has a powerful effect.
Overall, I really enjoyed this track. Very chill and relaxed. Glimpses of powerful moments really make this song shine. The singer has some killer chops as well, which definitely helps add to this song. Along with the song, Jaymes announced that his debut project, Dark Star,released on August 20th.

You Might Also Like

0 comments